Requesting a Free Copy of Your Medical Records
- Kentucky law entitles you to one FREE COPY of your medical records. This request must be done in writing and sent to the medical provider.
- Review the EOBs (explanation of benefits) you receive from your health insurance carrier. Making sure claims submitted (and paid by your insurance company) are valid claims for the services provided. For example, if you treated for a cold, make sure they billed for a cold.
Credit Reporting Agencies
- Equifax.com 866-349-5191
- Experian.com 888-397-3742
- Transunion.com 800-916-8800
You can also get your free credit reports and scores through creditkarma.com.
If you are a victim of identity theft:
- You have the right to an attorney before you sign legal papers.
- If you are offered credit checks, they are free on creditkarma.com.
- Dispute errors in your credit report.
We will address this and more issues in our continued identity theft series:
- How long do you have to sue after discovering identity theft?
VISIT WWW.USA.GOV/CREDIT-REPORTS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
*Nothing on this website should be considered legal advice. This does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm.