Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers took the case of a young girl who sustained extensive injuries to her face and body. The child, Emma, was only a few months old at the time of the incident and was living at a rental property she shared with her family. While bathing, the water heater maintained by the property owners malfunctioned causing the scalding water to pour out on Emma. A family member who was supervising Emma was unable to react quickly enough to remove Emma from the tub, causing her to sustain extensive scarring to her face and body.
During our investigation, we learned that the family issued numerous complaints to the landlord regarding the dangerous condition of the appliance in the months before the tragic accident occurred.
Rather than hiring a professional to make the necessary repairs, the landlord instead chose to enlist the services of an unlicensed maintenance worker employed by the property group.
The appliance in question should have been replaced years before the incident occurred, but the landlord insisted on making temporary repairs to save money. This decision ultimately led to our client’s permanent injuries.
We retained experts in the field to establish numerous codes were broken by the landlord not hiring a licensed plumber in order to save money.
In the years following the accident, Emma underwent numerous surgeries to repair the bodily damage, which added up to tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.
In addition to the financial impact of her injuries, Emma was also left with permanent scarring on most of her body.
To help alleviate the financial and emotional burdens that this accident caused, the team at Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers filed suit against the property owners and litigated her case in court with depositions.
With the case ready to present to a jury, our attorneys successfully negotiated a settlement with the landlord’s insurance that would care for Emma for life.
Emma faced a life of pain and disability, so we established annuities payable for life that protected her Medicaid and future benefits.
All of her medical bills were paid. While we could not remove the scars, both physical and psychological, we could ensure that the owners of the property paid for their lifetime care with their indifference to the safety of their tenants.