The Steps We Take When You Hire Us for Your Personal Injury Claim
When you or a loved one contacts the Flora Templeton Stuart Injury Accident Lawyer for personal injury representation in car, semi-truck, pedestrian, motorcycle, bicycle and other accidents, we immediately start working on the case. We travel throughout Kentucky and Tennessee to meet with clients when they are unable to make it to one of our many offices.
Investigation: After consulting with the client about the details of the case, our firm moves quickly to preserve evidence, often hiring investigators and reconstructionist to do a thorough investigation of the facts, including photographing the scene, inspecting vehicles, background searches and obtaining statements from any witness or at-fault parties.
We do an extensive investigation into all available insurance coverage, whether its policies covering the at-fault driver, or potential uninsured or underinsured coverage through your own insurance or a household relative’s insurance. Our firm runs background asset checks on at-fault drivers to determine the likelihood of recovering any judgment above applicable insurance policy limits.
Opening Claims and Establishing Liability: Flora Stuart Accident Injury Law Firm promptly opens all claims for potential insurance coverage, and fight to establish liability against the at-fault party. Providing personal representation is our promise.
Our firm moves quickly to reserve your PIP benefits for future medical treatment and lost wages. Quickly reserving your PIP benefits for future medical treatment, lost wages, and household services ensures that all your benefits are not immediately exhausted. If you are out of work due to your injuries, we will work quickly to make sure you are reimbursed to the maximum extent allowed under the Kentucky PIP statute. If your circumstances require household services, our office can direct money to those caring for you while you are recovering from your injuries. Our office is there, every step of the way to make sure that your needs are being met.
Flora Templeton Stuart uses her forty-three years of experience as a personal injury attorney to ensure that our injured clients are getting the medical treatment they need from physicians and specialists. Often, those injured do not realize the full extent of their injuries until they receive diagnostics and professional medical treatment crucial to establishing a personal injury case and collecting maximum value.
Gathering all Medical Records and Bills: At Flora Stuart Law Firm we keep track of all of wreck-related medical treatment and request all treatment records and bills directly from the provider so our client’s only need is to be concerned about getting well from their injuries. We have been representing injured clients in car, semi-truck and other accident cases involving vehicles and will handle property damage for our clients without a fee as quickly as possible so they will have transportation. You shouldn’t have to worry about gathering your own medical records and keeping track of medical bills. Our experienced attorneys and staff will make sure all related medical treatment is accounted for.
At Flora Stuart Injury Accident Lawyers representing clients in vehicle and personal injury cases each type of accident requires a different approach. In all cases Flora Templeton Stuart provides personal representation which includes traveling to injured clients who cannot come to us and referring clients to reputable physicians for medical care, taking care of medical expenses, lost wages, and hiring expert investigators to preserve the evidence.
At the conclusion of the injury claim our law firm will handle liens so our clients will be made whole. In order to maximize recovery it is important to have an experienced law firm that handles the many types of cases in Kentucky and Tennessee which includes three wheelers accidents, automobile collisions, motorcycle accidents, accidents caused by impaired drivers such as DUI, and all serious injuries caused by negligence of another person.
- Catastrophic Injury Cases: In catastrophic injury cases we do all we can to set aside funds for a lifetime source of income for our disabled clients, protecting important benefits they will need in the future. We may provide advice on purchasing a home to protect benefits. This is an excellent way of preserving settlement funds. Flora Templeton Stuart has established hundreds of annuities for her clients and assisted many clients in purchasing a home with the recovery they receive. At our firm we want to make a difference in the lives of our clients. This is what sets us apart from many law firms.
- Automobile Accidents: In Kentucky we are able to immediately reserve PIP benefits to make sure our clients not only have lost wages while recovering from their injuries but can meet with reputable medical physicians for their care. In Tennessee we open claims with MedPay and assist in medical expenses so our clients can treat.
- Semi-truck Accidents: It is often important to immediately retain experts to get witness statements, photograph the scene and sometimes accident reconstructionist because commercial insurance companies often deny these claims. It is vital to establish liability from day one. Therefore, contacting our law firm immediately is very crucial in these cases.
- DUI Cases: In an accident with an impaired driver there are often punitive damages in addition to compensatory or regular damages for pain and suffering, medical expenses and permanent injury.
- Motorcycle cases: PIP benefits may not be able to be obtained unless there is special coverage on the motorcycle in Kentucky. In those cases, we can establish liens with physicians for care or bill health insurance which will be paid back at the time of recovery. These are just some of the types of vehicle accidents we handle.
- Pedestrian cases: When someone is struck by a car on the road, we can often in Kentucky obtain PIP benefits for payment of medical bills, lost wages, replacement services, etc. from the vehicle that hit that individual.
- Personal injury claims: Accidents that do not involve a vehicle collision such as slip and fall or dog bite our injured clients must rely on health insurance to pay medical expenses since PIP is not available in those cases. Investigations on injury claims are very important since often you do not have a police report you need to get experts to the scene such as photographing where the person fell and getting statements from witnesses to establish liability.
Having an experienced law firm like Flora Stuart who has represented injured clients for over forty-three years is necessary to obtain recovery that is deserved for the injured victim.
Negotiating the Settlement you Deserve: Once all of your medical bills and records have been obtained, our office presents a detailed demand to the insurance company, highlighting the specific facts of your case, your injury, and why you deserve the amount we are demanding. Our experienced attorneys have negotiated millions of dollars in settlements. If we are unable to come to an agreed upon settlement, our attorneys will make the recommendation to mediate or file a lawsuit in your case.
Lifetime Income and College Funds: When representing children or clients who sustain catastrophic injures we go the extra mile to make sure our seriously injured clients’ funds are adequate to establish income while preserving benefits they will need such as Medicaid and Social Security Disability. We take great pride in setting up annuities for children so they will be encouraged to further their education once reaching the age of 18 with a college or trade school fund payable yearly after they graduate from high school. If the funds are sufficient, we set aside additional funds later in life for purchase of a home, car or other permanent asset. We do this because we want our clients under the age of 18 to have a future. Minors in personal injury cases with funds must be placed in a blocked account so having an annuity established is a much better option if sufficient funds are available.
Going to Court or Mediating Your Case: Most personal injury cases at the Flora Templeton Stuart Injury Accident Lawyer are settled out of court but we are ready and willing to file suit for our seriously injured clients if we cannot obtain a reasonable offer of settlement. For over four decades our law firm has represented clients in and out of court. We know the process of litigation. We begin with discovery which includes interrogatories (questions and answers for the parties) and depositions of the parties and witnesses. Jury trials are even rarer, but we are ready to go to a jury.
Very few cases result in a jury trial. Of the few that are litigated, mediation, especially in more serious cases which involve injuries that are permanent with adequate insurance to collect, such as a commercial policy are more and more common in our practice. We mediate cases for clients almost every month. This is a simple process where we meet often at our law firm and retain a mediator who is usually a practicing attorney knowledgeable in personal injury cases who will meet with the injured parties represented by our firm the Defendant who caused the accident, and their attorney in hopes of reaching a fair and reasonable resolution in settling all claims. Mediation can occur both before and after the filing of suit. The Flora Templeton Stuart Injury Accident Lawyer as we have practiced injury accident claims for over four decades are proud to have settled 95% of our cases that are mediated. This is because we prepare for weeks obtaining all evidence to establish at mediation the right of our client to receive a maximum recovery.
Finalize all liens: Medical liens can be a very complicated process. That’s why you need experienced attorneys to help make sure all liens are paid. Whether it’s Medicare, Medicaid, or private health insurance, our experienced attorneys negotiate liens in order to maximize the recovery you receive from your settlement. Many times, our injured clients are life-flighted to Tennessee hospitals. Tennessee has specific laws when it comes to medical liens, and our injury attorneys are experienced in handling Tennessee liens and advocating for our clients.
We’re On Your Side
Having an experienced personal injury, accident lawyer on your side is crucial when it comes to collecting the damages you deserve. At Flora Templeton Stuart, no stone is left unturned and we will evaluate your case for free with our contact form or call us 7 days a week at (888) 782-9090. We have offices in Bowling Green, Glasgow, Greenville, Kentucky and Gallatin, Tennessee for the convenience of clients. When called, we travel throughout Kentucky and Tennessee to meet with our clients who have been injured in vehicle accidents or personal injury claim. We are here with you every step of the way, from the initial phone call to the very end of your case, our experienced personal injury attorneys are here to help!