It should be well worth hiring an experienced injury lawyer if you have been injured due to the negligence of another person in an accident, dog bite, slip and fall, fun shot, or other injuries. At Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers, we only get paid if we win and collect a settlement for our clients. With over 45 years of experience, we know how to win injury cases with maximum recovery.
Most people imagine hiring a lawyer as an expensive proposition. When you hire a lawyer, you then have to pay the legal fees that go along with those services, and that can cause quite a financial strain. You may already be under a great deal of financial pressure due to the weight of your medical bills and other expenses–not to mention the fact that serious injuries often leave their victims unable to work.
Is it worth it to hire a personal injury attorney?
What’s In This Article:
- What Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Offer?
- When Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Really Cost?
In order to determine whether you need to hire a personal injury attorney to help deal with your claim, start by considering what an experienced personal injury lawyer brings to the table.
A personal injury lawyer can help break down the compensation you may deserve for your injuries.
A personal injury lawyer can’t guarantee a certain recovery, but they can help break down the compensation you deserve: compensation for the medical bills from your injuries, compensation for the wages you may have lost because of your injuries, and pain and suffering. In addition, the lawyer can take a look at the insurance policy that likely covers the liable party, such as uninsured and underinsured policies, MedPay, and PIP, which can make it easier to determine how much compensation you can actually expect for your injuries.
A personal injury lawyer can help you navigate many of the insurance company’s tactics.
Insurance companies can put a great deal of pressure on you from the moment you start working with them to manage your claim. The adjuster’s goal may be to minimize the compensation the insurance company has to pay out as much as possible. Unfortunately, that means you may not receive the full compensation you deserve for your injuries. Insurance companies may try things like:
- Proving that you caused your accident, or that you contributed to your injuries in some way.
- Offering a low settlement and pressuring you to accept it fast–ideally, for the insurance company, before you have a chance to talk to an attorney.
- Claiming that you did not need the treatment you received for your injuries, or that the insurance company should not have to cover those treatments due to preexisting injuries or conditions.
- Claiming that you do not suffer the limitations you claim as a result of your injuries, often because of other activities you have engaged in following your accident.
A personal injury attorney is familiar with those tactics and knows how to navigate them on your behalf.
Many clients find that working with a personal injury attorney can help maximize the compensation they can recover for their injuries.
Personal injury attorneys offer several advantages that can help increase the compensation you may recover for severe injuries sustained due to the negligence of another party.
- An experienced attorney will collect evidence that helps establish that you neither caused nor contributed to your own accident, which may make it easier to prove that you deserve the compensation you have asked for.
- Your attorney should help you understand the compensation you really deserve, which may prevent you from accepting a low settlement offer.
- Your attorney should help you avoid potential traps that could decrease the compensation you can recover for your injuries, including helping you determine what you can safely post on social media, how to discuss your injuries with the insurance company, and what steps you need to take to protect your right to compensation.
- Your attorney can, in many cases, help identify more than one party that may share liability for your accident, which may help you recover more compensation for your injuries along with additional insurance policies to collect. Your attorney can work to reduce medical bills and liens.
In fact, a caring and experienced personal injury attorney should get you more compensation in your pocket.
A personal injury lawyer can help collect the evidence you may need to prove that you have grounds for a personal injury claim.
Personal injury claims may require considerable evidence to fully establish liability. The more evidence involved in your accident, the more help you may need going through it–and a personal injury lawyer can help collect that vital evidence. In some cases, that may mean collecting physical evidence directly related to the accident: checking video footage, taking witness statements, and evaluating the scene of the accident. In other cases, it may involve working closely with expert witnesses to recreate the scene of the accident or determine how it might have taken place.
Working with a lawyer can help reduce your stress as you deal with your claim.
Don’t underestimate the value of stress reduction as you manage your personal injury claim! Dealing with serious injuries, from the recovery to the claim process, can prove incredibly stressful. High levels of stress can not only cause their own sets of problems, they can prevent you from focusing on your recovery or even hinder healing, especially in the case of injuries like traumatic brain injury. An attorney, on the other hand, can take over many of those stressful processes for you, which may help alleviate some of that stress and allow you to keep your focus on healing from your injuries.
There are several times when you may need a personal injury lawyer to help you manage an injury claim.
- You have suffered serious injuries, and the medical bills and financial losses that go along with it, due to the negligence of another party.
- You want to know how much compensation you really deserve for your injuries, especially if you have received an offer from the liable party’s insurance company.
- The insurance company has not offered the compensation you really deserve for your injuries–especially if the insurance company is pressuring you to accept a low settlement offer.
- The insurance company claims that you, rather than the party they insure, caused the accident and denies your right to compensation.
If you have any questions about your personal injury claim, from the compensation you may deserve to how to navigate your claim, Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers will provide a free consultation that will help you decide your next steps–including whether you need an attorney to manage the rest of your claim.
If you have worked with an attorney in the past, you likely had to pay for those services up front–or at least shortly after your interaction concluded. A personal injury claim, on the other hand, may look a little different. At Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers, we will accept claims on a contingent fee basis. That means that instead of paying for your legal services up front, you will pay for your lawyer’s services with a percentage of your personal injury claim only if there is a recovery. The lawyer’s percentage may be based on the complexity of your claim. You will discuss up front what services are included in that fee, what percentage the lawyer will claim, and whether any additional fees apply. For many victims of serious injuries, that can make legal services much more affordable–and increase the odds that you will get the compensation you need.
Do you need a personal injury lawyer to handle your claim? Contact Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers today to learn more about us. We are available 24/7 and travel to our injured clients in Kentucky and Tennessee. Call 888-782-9090 or chat with us to get free, expert legal advice.