If you suffered non-catastrophic injuries after a car accident, you might wonder how to describe your injuries. A car accident can leave you with catastrophic, mild, or soft tissue injuries. But how do you know if you suffered soft tissue injuries? And what proper guidelines should you take to seek a settlement in Bowling Green? This piece discusses everything you need to know about soft tissue injuries, factors influencing your claim, and the average compensation to expect from a soft tissue injury claim in Bowling Green.
Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers represents clients in soft tissue injury claims, often referring them to excellent physicians for treatment.
In This Article:
- How To Prove Your Soft Tissue Injury
- Average Settlement For Soft Tissue Injury In Bowling Green
- Maximizing Your Settlement For Soft Tissue Injury
- How You Can Maximize Your Soft Tissue Settlements With A Good Lawyer
Soft tissues generally include muscles, lymph vessels, tendons, fat, nerves, blood vessels, and all the body tissues around your bones and joints. When you suffer a soft tissue injury, you’re likely to feel pain in your joints, bones, and in severe cases, every part of your body.
To determine if you’ve suffered considerable soft tissue damage, you need to be aware of the most common symptoms. Since soft tissue is found in nearly all parts of your body, you’ll most probably feel full-body pain after a soft tissue injury. Generally, the most common symptoms of a soft tissue injury include:
- Pain and swelling
- Limited range of motion
- Sensitivity to weight
- Muscle Spasms
- Muscle weakness
- Muscle cramping
However, it is advisable to receive medical care to assess the extent of your injuries and the type of soft tissue injury you suffered to ensure proper documentation. Such documentation is essential for the insurance company to determine the extent of your pain and the outcome of your claim. In soft tissue cases, it is rare to file suit since most of these cases settle out of court.
How To Prove Your Soft Tissue Injury
Soft tissue injury settlements are some of the most common personal injury claims and difficult to prove injury due to the rough and strict stance most insurance companies have on such injuries. As such, when you decide to file a soft tissue injury claim, it can be hard to reach a favorable settlement without proper documentation to validate your injuries and damages.
Therefore, the first step you need to take is to ensure that all your injuries are carefully recorded and backed by a doctor’s testimony to ensure that you receive an equitable settlement for your suffering. Here is a list of the basic steps to take to ensure that the insurance company doesn’t rip you off of fair compensation for your soft tissue injuries:
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene.
- Receive medical treatment are the ER after injured in an accident.
- Treat with excellent physicians, therapists, or chiropractors.
- Make sure your lawyers get all records and refers you to good doctors.
- Settle only after treatment is complete.
- Contact your employer and keep a record of all the days you missed work due to your pain.
- Attend all doctor appointments and therapy sessions.
An insurance company may present you with an offer drawn from computer-generated estimates that don’t consider the extent of your suffering. But despite these drawbacks, you can secure a more equitable settlement with the best legal representation you can enlist.
The value of your case is based on the amount of insurance available to collect, the amount of medical bills from the accident, the insurance adjustor you are dealing with, your physician’s records, and the skill of your lawyer.
It’s possible to maximize your soft tissue injury claim. First, you need a reputable and experienced attorney by your side. Secondly, you need to find a way to convince the insurance company that if you take the claim to court, you can obtain a better payout than the amount you initially asked for.
This strategy always works because no insurance company would be willing to go to trial as it is a long and time-consuming process. But that doesn’t mean insurance companies can be easily intimidated. If they believe they stand a better chance of winning, they’ll challenge you to meet their lawyers in court.
Still, you can retain the testimony of a reputable medical professional to back up your claim and let the insurance company know that you have a strong case against them. It helps if the doctor is an expert at treating soft tissue injuries. That and a load of tangible evidence of how the injuries have affected your life can go a long way in turning the case in your favor. At Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers, we get you to good doctors to document your injuries.
At Flora Templeton Stuart Car Accident Lawyers, we have over 40 years of experience in personal injury law, including soft tissue injury claims. Our lead attorney Flora Templeton Stuart employs an intimate working approach where she personally gets involved in all clients’ cases from start to finish to ensure that you recover a fair and equitable settlement for your auto accident injuries. From the first day you contact us, we begin the journey to securing your compensation using the following steps:
- We refer our clients to quality physicians who regularly treat soft tissue cases.
- We collect all relevant photographic evidence along with witness testimony to determine fault.
- We conduct a background check on the liable party to establish any previous criminal charges or records such as drunk driving. This step helps us see if we can tie the previous offense to the current case and include punitive damages to the case.
- We do a sit down with you where we conduct an initial case review and provide recommendations on the ideal medical professionals and therapists with experience in auto accidents to take care of your medical needs.
- We do follow-ups with you and your doctors to keep track of your medical progress and the effect of the accident on your overall health and life.
- Once you retain us as your personal injury attorney, we reserve the Personal Injury Protection (PIP)benefits that cover medical care expenses and lost wages, so you can access some financial relief while undergoing treatment.
- We discuss the overall extent of your damages and possible settlement estimates then employ ways to maximize them.
- We ensure to obtain written authority from you before proceeding with the claim.
- We employ professional tactics to reduce medical expenses and liens so you can retain a sustainable amount out of your settlement after paying all the necessary costs.
- We explore all the available insurance coverages the liable party has, including liability coverage, uninsured coverage, or underinsured, to ensure we capitalize as much as possible on every policy limit.
Contact A Bowling Green Car Accident Attorney
It can be complicated to pursue a successful soft tissue injury claim in Kentucky. However, with a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer, you can maximize your settlement and walk away with a reasonable payout. The above are just a few examples of how Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers can help you win a soft tissue injury claim. To learn more about how we can help you with your case, contact us today, and we’ll schedule an initial case evaluation. We offer a free case review and legal guidance on how to go about the case. You only pay us when we win and recover a reasonable settlement.