This photo is of an actual case handled by our law firm. Flora Templeton Stuart traveled to the scene with a team of experts. This was a tragic case that resulted in the death of our client. We represented the family of the deceased and the Administrator of the Estate. This is an example of a catastrophic Bowling Green head-on collision in the front-end of a vehicle.
These types of impacts often result in serious injuries or death of the occupants. After establishing that the other vehicle was on the wrong side of the road, we comforted the family of the deceased and collected all insurance available. Our extensive representation resulted in a recovery of just under one million with medical bills and funeral bills being paid as part of the settlement.
Common Causes of Head-On and Front End Collisions Include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Illegal passing
- Switching from lane to lane
- Speeding and aggressive driving
Common Injuries of Head-On Collisions
When two vehicles come in contact with the front end of each pointing toward each other you have a front-end or head-on collision. Very often when these collisions occur the vehicles are at high speed. The types of injuries most commonly seen are as follows:
- Neck injury: The body will move forward but usually stay in place, especially if the person injured is wearing a seatbelt. Then there can be jerking motions causing the neck muscles and ligaments to be injured. How severe the impact is will usually determine the extent of the injury. Neck injuries often include shoulder and neck pain, numbness even down the arm, headaches, dizziness or loss of consciousness, blurred vision, and inability to move your neck.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Perhaps the most serious injury can be that of traumatic brain injury which can result in a fractured skull. TBI is not always clear at the time of the accident and you will often see the person injured with a momentary loss of consciousness following the collision. Specialized brain imaging is needed to determine the extent of a TBI. This can be mild or last a lifetime and can also result in loss of smell and taste.
- Injuries to the Spinal Cord: Discs in the neck are very fragile and can be ruptured or herniated with this type of impact.
- Fractures: In particular with head-on collisions, there can be facial bone fractures and the eye socket can even be crushed along with the cheekbone or jawbone. This may affect a person for life with the need for plastic surgery.
- Internal Injuries: Particularly when the airbag deploys this can cause tremendous bruising both internally and externally along with broken ribs and other chest injuries.
The Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart is Here to Help
If you or a loved one has been injured or lost their life as the result of a Bowling Green front-end or head-on collision we are here to help. With decades of experience and compassion, we are ready to travel to you if you call.
Flora Templeton Stuart is the lead attorney and founder of the law firm Flora Templeton Stuart Accident Injury Lawyers, established in 1976. She is a nationally recognized personal injury lawyer with over 40 years of experience. Her story has been featured on Fox, The New York Times, ABC, Time, and NBC.