Glasgow Personal Injury Attorney Flora
Glasgow Personal Injury Attorneys
The injuries from a single accident can change your life forever. While medical professionals can provide the treatment(s) essential to your physical recovery, an experienced personal injury lawyer can provide the representation pivotal to your financial recovery.
If you have been hurt in an auto accident, a slip and fall or some other traumatic event, get answers about your rights and recovery options by contacting a trusted Glasgow personal injury lawyer at the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart.
We are ready to review your potential claim during a free consultation and provide you with helpful information regarding:
• Your rights
• How to protect the strength and value of your claim
• Your options for moving forward.
In the meantime, the following provides some insightful answers to common questions about personal injury claims.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
A personal injury claim is a civil “tort” case (as opposed to a criminal case). These cases are based on claims that some civil wrongdoing – i.e., act of negligence, carelessness or recklessness – inflicted harm and/or losses on a victim.
While personal injury claims can come in various forms (and involve an array of allegations and injuries), some of the most common arise from:
• Motor vehicle accidents – Failing to comply with traffic laws, distracted driving and drunk driving are all examples of how negligence can cause auto wrecks and, consequently, be the basis of personal injury claims.
• Accidents on others’ properties – When a property owner or building manager fails to fix dangerous features on a property (or fails to warn visitors about these dangers), these failures can constitute negligence, giving rise to personal injury claims.
• Animal attacks – These types of personal injury cases can arise when, for example, a dog owner’s failure to leash, watch, control or contain a dog results in a dog attack or dog bite.
• Professional negligence – Professionals like doctors, dentists and accountants owe a certain duty of care to their patients or clients. When these professionals breach their duty and the breach harms a patient or client, the negligent professional can be named as a defendant in a personal injury case.
When Do Personal Injury Cases Have to Be Filed?
There are strict deadlines for filing personal injury claims. These deadlines, known as statutes of limitations, vary by state.
In Kentucky, for example, there is a one-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Essentially, this means that:
• You have one year from the date of your accident – or from the date on which your injuries are detected – to file a personal injury claim.
• If you miss the filing deadline, your claim may be dismissed.
A lawyer at the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart can provide you with more information and legal advice specific to your potential claim and the associated deadlines.
What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do?
The right attorney can provide you with essential support, advice and representation as you prepare your claim – and as you proceed to resolve it.
The attorneys at the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart provide customized, personal service to meet the specific needs and goals of a particular client – and to best fit the demands of a given claim.
In general, however, some of the things our lawyers can do for you when you retain us include (and are by no means limited to):
• Collecting all of the evidence necessary to back up your claim
• Taking care of all administrative work necessary to start your claim (and keep it moving forward)
• Aggressively advocating your rights to compensation and justice at every phase of your case
• Persevering to maximize your financial recovery and secure the best possible outcome to your case.
Get Help Now: Contact a Glasgow Personal Injury Lawyer at the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart
An experienced Glasgow personal injury lawyer at the Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart is waiting to speak to you. Call (888) 782-9090 or email our firm to discuss your case and legal options. We welcome your calls and emails 24/7, and we are ready to make home and hospital visits. Initial consultations are free.
Our team of nationally recognized lawyers has more than four decades’ experience advocating the rights of injured people. Resourceful and tireless, we are ready to help you determine and pursue your best options for justice and financial recovery in the wake of an accident.
We serve Kentucky and Tennessee to include: Bowling Green, Glasgow, Warren County, Barren County, Allen County, Adair County, Butler County, Casey County, Christian County, Clinton County, Cumberland County, Edmonson County, Grayson County, Green County, Hart County, Hopkins County, Logan County, Marion County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Muhlenberg County, Ohio County, Russell County, Simpson County, Taylor County and Todd County.
Bowling Green Office
607 E 10th Ave. | Bowling Green, KY 42101 Get Directions