BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) — Bowling green’s Flora Templeton Stuart has partnered with the International Center to bring Christmas gifts to refugee children on Tuesday morning.
The executive director of the International Center, Albert Mbanfu, says this day was a special one for the children at the center.
Each child received a backpack full of goodies and they even got to meet Santa!
Although the event was a little chaotic, Mbanfu says it went perfectly.
“I was so excited for these kids because many of them have never had the opportunity to experience Santa,” Mbanfu said. “These refugee kids have spent most of their time in refugee camps and have never had the opportunity to receive wonderful gifts like they did today.”
Mbanfu says today will be a day these children will never forget.
- Big Rigs are a Safety Risk - February 15, 2019
- Dog Bites – What to do if your child is bit by a dog - February 15, 2019
- 4 Legal Tips for Motorcyclists Hitting the Road in Kentucky - February 15, 2019
- Rising Pedestrians and Bicyclists Hit-And-Run Crash Deaths In Kentucky - November 22, 2018
- Flora and WBKO recognize Today’s Leader! - November 19, 2018
- When a Child is Injured in a School Bus Accident in Kentucky - November 18, 2018
- Flora and Poppy Visit Greenwood High School! - November 5, 2018
- Poppy and Flora Deliver Supplies to Red Cross Elementary in Barren County - October 22, 2018
- Poppy and Pixie Visit Metcalf County Pumpkin Festival - October 10, 2018
- Flora and Poppy Visit Richardsville Elementary School. - September 27, 2018