Click to Chat

Workers’ Comp Lawyer

If you have been injured in a work-related accident, let The Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart fight for your rights. Flora and her staff proudly serve injured workers in Bowling Green, Glasgow, and throughout Kentucky. Our workers’ compensation attorneys have represented thousands of disabled workers with serious injuries who need immediate payment of medical bills and disability benefits. We will consult with you to ensure that you receive optimal medical treatment and a fair settlement with protection of future benefits. There are no fees, costs or expenses unless you recover for your work injury claim.

We help workers who have been injured on the job due to car accidents, slip and fall, dangerous or inadequately maintained equipment, fire and burn injuries, head and brain injuries, back and spine injuries, amputations, and other catastrophic injuries. If your work injury affects your ability to maintain employment, our workers’ compensation lawyers can help you apply for Social Security disability and seek additional compensation for your work injury claim.

What should I do if I am injured at work?

If you are injured at work, notify your employer immediately! Make sure your employer completes an accident report. If your employer requests that you sign the report of injury, read it before signing and obtain a copy before you leave the place of employment. Also seek medical attention right away for your work-related injury.

If you file a workers’ compensation claim, your employer is not allowed to fire you or retaliate against you. If your employer does retaliate, our workers’ compensation lawyers will help you file a lawsuit against your employer. If you have been injured on the job and you are denied workers’ compensation benefits, contact an experienced work injury lawyer to help.

Can I get lost wages?

If you are off work for more than two weeks, workers’ compensation benefits should be paid from the date of injury. If your physician gives you a statement that you aren’t able to work, called Temporary Total Disability or TTD, you should be entitled to receive weekly benefits that represent 66 2/3 of your Average Weekly Wage or AWW (up to a maximum of $711.79). Weekly benefits usually stop when a physician has determined you have reached your Maximum Medical Improvement or MMI. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can help you collect the lost wages you are entitled to.

workers_comp_inpage8771What is permanent Impairment and Occupational Disability?

Once your physician has determined you have reached MMI, and if you have sustained some percentage of permanent impairment from your workplace injury, you may be entitled to receive additional compensation. The percent of disability is based on the whole person impairment rating given by the physician who evaluates you.

Can I select my own physician?

Yes, you can select your own physician. Our workers’ compensation attorneys can help you find physicians in your area to treat the type of injuries you have sustained.

How do I pay an attorney?

The Law Firm of Flora Templeton Stuart handles workers’ compensation claims on a contingency fee basis. That means we only get paid from your workplace injury claim recovery. For attorney/client contracts made on or after July 14, 2000, there is a maximum fee an injured worker’s attorney can charge. For the first $25,000 of the award the charge is 20%, 15% for the next $10,000 and 5% can be charged for the remainder of the award, not to exceed $12,000.

Our law firm is part of the community, and we are proud of our client testimonials, results and reputation. Call Warren and Barren County, Kentucky personal injury attorney Flora Templeton Stuart at (888) 782-9090 for a free initial consultation twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week so we can begin to work for you.

We serve Kentucky and Tennessee to include: Bowling Green, Glasgow, Warren County, Barren County, Allen County, Adair County, Butler County, Casey County, Christian County, Clinton County, Cumberland County, Edmonson County, Grayson County, Green County, Hart County, Hopkins County, Logan County, Marion County, Metcalfe County, Monroe County, Muhlenberg County, Ohio County, Russell County, Simpson County, Taylor County and Todd County.

Bowling Green Office
607 E 10th Ave. | Bowling Green, KY 42101
Get Directions
Glasgow Office
213 S. Green Street | Glasgow, KY 42141
Get Directions

We Travel to You